Function of Bullet Points: Bullet points are used to bring the reader’s attention on some important information in the article or document. It is generally used to bring to notice the key points. There are no rules in using bullet points. The matter in the bullet point need not be written as a sentence and so it need start with a capital letter or end with a full stop. However if it is decided to write sentences after the bullet point then it has to follow the rules of a sentence. If the matter after each bullet point starts with the parts of speech and is of the same length it will have a better impact.
Rewrite the following using bullet points
- My hobbies are singing, painting and reading books.
- The following members must be called for the meeting. The chairman, the secretary, the treasurer and other executive members.
- There were some changes that were happening in the European countries and they were in one way or the other reasons for the World War 1. They were imperialism, nationalism and military alliances.
- Sheela had three kinds of dogs in her kennel. There are dogs that sleep all the day. There are dogs which get when other animals come near them. Then there are dogs which have worked hard all day and then take a well-deserved rest.
- The short description should include the botanical name, methods of extraction, parts used for extraction, the traditional use of the plant and countries the plant grows.
- Many wars were fought for many years in Russia and this affected its economy. Some of the wars were the following, The Crimean War from 1854 to 1856, The Russo-Turkish War from 1877 to 1878 The Russo-Japanese War from 1904 to 1905, The World War that started in 1914 and ended in 1918.
- The body of the first paragraph must introduce the relevance of the text in one sentence. Next a quote should be given, but not a lengthy one. In two or three sentences when, how, why and where of the plot should be given. It should be followed by the uses of the devices in one or two sentences. In the next two sentences the analysis and the justification should be given.
- The second area of knowledge to discuss the topic is religion. The questions asked about religion are – What does religious system tell us? All religions answer a very important question on the purpose of life. Why are we here? How are we here? How should we live?
- The terms of the Treaty Neuilly had many points. Western Thrace was handed over to the Entente. Later on Greece took control over this region.Macedonia was restored to Greece.An area of 2563 Km2 on the western border of Bulgaria was ceded to Kingdom of Serbs, Slovenes and Croats. This area later became Yugoslavia.Bosilegrad and Dimitrovgrad which was ceded to Kingdom of Serbs had a large Bulgarian population. This was ignored and Bulgaria had to recognise the formation of the new state which later became Yugoslavia.With the division of the land the people were also divided. Around 300,000 people left to different places and it was more of compulsion not by self-determination.Bulgaria had to reduce the army to 20,000 men.War compensations were fixed at £ 100 million.
- Mussolini adapted some strategies to come to power. The National Fascist Party had a paramilitary wing with which he marched to Rome between 1919 and 1921 and became Prime Minister.He began his efforts to subdue Libya in 1922 and became successful by 1936.Between 1925 and 1926 he wanted to usurp power and become a dictator.Between the years 1923 and 1927 he pacified Somalia.During the years 1935 and 1936 Mussolini conquered Ethiopia.He helped the Nationalist in the Spanish Civil War during the years 1936 to 1939.Albania was seized in April 1939.
- What is Grey water harvesting? Grey water harvesting is a process by which the waste water from homes and offices are reused for different purposes other than drinking. This water should not contain faecal matter and it should not be sewage water, also known as black water. So the water from toilets should not be used for grey water harvesting. Water from the shower, bathtubs, wash basins, washing machines, dishwashers and kitchen can be used. This water can be recycled to toilets, for gardening, in washing machines and for irrigation. In terms of proportion the waste water from the household is the largest. 50% to 80% of this water can reused as grey water. Water from kitchen sink might be as effectively recycled as water from shower or bathtubs.
- The questionnaire on obesity was given to an equal number of male and female. Males responded ore in number than the females. The range for the age was from 18 to 64 years of age. This wide range helped in giving a better understanding of the role of lifestyles and genetics on obesity. The responses revealed the following. Obesity was mostly seen in the age group 18 to 34 years. Many people have access to gyms and parks. Most of them did some exercise at least three times in a week. Physically active but still overweight fell into the above 34 years group. Below 30 years of age there were obese people and that was due to complete lack of exercise and unhealthy food habits.
- There were fifteen parts to the Treaty Of Versailles. The first five are the following. Part I formed the Covenant of the New League of Nations and Germany was not allowed to join until the year 1926. The Part II states Germany’s new boundaries giving Eupen-Malmady to Belgium, Alsace-Lorraine back to France, some eastern districts to Poland, Memel to Lithuania and major portions of Schleswig to Denmark. Part III specified a demilitarized zone and unconnected Saar from Germany for fifteen years. Part IV took away all the colonies of Germany.Part V reduced Germany’s armed forces to low levels and banned Germany from possessing certain types of weapons and at the same time Germany had to commit to eventual disarmament.