1) What was the Vietminh?
2) How were the French involved in the Indo-China region?
3) How were the Japanese involved in the Indo-China region?
4) Describe the events at Dien Bien Phu?
5) What was the Geneva Peace Accord?
6) What was the domino theory?
7) What was the Vietcong?
8) What was the Eisenhower Doctrine?
9) What was the Strategic Hamlet Program?
10) Describe the Gulf of Tonkin incident?
11) What was the ‘draft’?
12) Describe the My Lai massacre?
13) What was the Quagmire Theory?
14) What were the guerrilla tactics used during the Vietnam war?
15) How did Vietnamese and American tactics differ during the war?
1. Why did America become involved in Vietnam?
2. Why did Eisenhower increase military intervention in South Vietnam in 1953?
3. Why did the US support the South Vietnamese government?
4. Why did the Strategic Hamlet Program fail?
5. Why was President Diem overthrown in 1963?
6. Why was the Tet Offensive disastrous for President Johnson?
7. Why did USA withdraw from Vietnam finally?
a) It was the Tet Offensive and not the My Lai massacre that was a turning point in the Vietnam war. How far do you agree with this statement? Explain your answer.
b) The USA failed in the Vietnam war because the North Vietnamese had better tactics. How far do you agree with this statement? Explain your answer.
c) The Vietnam war was a media war. How far do you agree with this statement? Explain your answer.