When planning for paper 1, keep the following guidelines in mind:
Read both the passages and then decide on the text you wish to respond to.
• Tone (author’s / poet’s)
• Mood (reader’s)
• Emotions (characters’)
• Structure (very important in the case of poetry)
• Title (very important in the case of poetry)
• Characters and characterizations
For all of the above aspects you should:
- Identify evidence/quotes
• Identify literary devices in those quotes
• Explain the effect of the literary device(s)
• Display contextual understanding of the significance of the aspect.
Please follow and like us: